Social Icons

Follow Us

Friday, July 26, 2013

Store Your Bacon in the Freezer



The reason I came up with this, despite my deep love for bacon, and my compulsion to put it in any recipe possible, is I decided to make it last a bit longer and tighten our grocery budget.

Once I get home from the grocery store, I grab a quart or gallon freezer bag and separate the bacon into serving sizes. Most of my recipes call for 6 pieces of bacon, Mr. Klas usually eats 2 pieces at a time and I limit myself to one (at breakfast for example). Keeping 3 pieces stacked together works best for us. 


Keep at least a finger width between each stack and you can easily fold the bag, and put in the freezer, freeing up a lot of space (and time) Once you want to cook it it’s easy (and less greasy) to pull out of the bag frozen!

Let this sit for a bit before you attempt to fry or nuke.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text